Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Darci's Dress Up Quilt - Doll #6

I'm feeling challenged by my fellow quilt guild members who have come up with such adorable and creative dress designs!  I decided to try my hand at a sleeveless version of the dress for this block.  Inspired by one of Martha Pullen's tv shows, I tried my hand at a scalloped border.  It was a bit of a chore to do the machine appliqued blanket stitch on the scallops, but I'm happy with the result.  Not perfect, but what the hey .... it's done and I learned something new.

What do you think?  I'm pretty happy with this one.  A trip to a brand new Michaels store just across the freeway (hallelujah!) yielded the cute little teddy bear charm that I used as a necklace.  The flower trim came from JoAnns.

Whoopee!  I am caught up with the blocks and ready for the April fabric selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment