Thursday, March 25, 2010

The ABCs of Me

CJ has just shared her ABCs, so here is a little more about me.  This should be fun ...

The ABC’s of ME…………….
A. Age: 64… can't believe it.  When Mom was 64, I thought she was an old person.  I'm just beginning to fly!

B. Bed size: Queen - perfect size.  I have my own space, but it doesn't take a lot of effort to cuddle.

C. Chore you hate: Gardening.  I want a beautiful garden without getting my hands dirty

D. Dog's Names: Chelsea - gone to the great beyond!

E. Essential food item: Nuts - preferably cashews, but I'll eat any kind.  I'll sneak them into the house and hide them then I tell myself that I'll just have a few.  Hmmmm .... suddenly the whole jar is goneso.

F. Favorite color: Never have had a favorite color.  Am I bland or what?
G. Gold or Silver: Gold - have you seen the prices lately?  Hello?

H. Height: 5'3 1/2" (maybe)
I. I am:  the luckiest person in the world.  Loving husband, terrific kids, most beautiful grandchildren in the world, happy and healthy with a lifetime of wonderful memories ....
J. Job: Retired!  Hip, hip, hooray - I earned it and I'm going to enjoy it!

K. Kids: Matt & Sara - thank you for being the most wonderful part of my life!
L. Living Arrangements: DH and I live in a 55+retirement community in Riverside County, California.  Love not having to do the front yard landscaping - love even more knowing that my friends and neighbors understand when I can't remember their names!
M. M is for married - even after 40 years, being married to my best friend makes me smile.
N. Nickname: Have never had one.

O. Overnight hospital stay(s): Emergency hysterectomy = yuck!
P. Pet peeve: Ignorance.  Enough said.
Q. Quote from a movie:  Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
R. Right or Left handed: Right.
S. Siblings: One younger sister.  Much younger ....
T. Time you wake up: 5 a.m. if it's a good night.  2 a.m. if it's a normal night.

U. Unique thing about your car:  License plate says "GO R8DRS."  What can I say?  I'm a died in the wool Raider fan.  Doesn't go with my personality, but we all have our querks, right?
V. Vegetable you hate: Okra.  It's soooooooooo slimy ....
W. Ways you run late: Never.  Not in the genes.
X. X-rays you’ve had: Many.  Hope to not have many more.

Y. Yummy food you make: Homemade applesauce.  The whole house just smells so good ....
Z. Zoo animal favorite: Otters.  Aren't they just so playful?
And now - will YOU share your ABC’s?

No comments:

Post a Comment