Thursday, July 16, 2009

Something for Tasha!


Finished the romper that I have been working on for Tasha, our 5-month-old granddaughter. Can hardly wait to see her cute chubby body in this! It's hard to tell from the picture, but the fabric has pink and yellow flowers on it. It looked a little plain when I finished it, so I added the heart applique on light yellow fabric and embroidered "My Oma Loves Me" on the applique. First project using my new very expensive embroidery software, EditorPlus from Bernina. It is nice to be able to create your own stuff - hard to find "Oma" in available designs for purchase.

Wait 'til Tasha's mom sees that there are 5 buttons on the back of the romper! I probably should have used a different method of closure, but I'm the type that follows the directions especially the first time I use a pattern. Doubt if I'll make this view again, though (Butterick 5326).

Time to go back to the kitchen (where I belong????). Friends Merle & George are visiting this weekend. Merle is truly a gourmet cook, so I'm under self-imposed pressure to make a delicious dinner. I've already made an eggplant & red pepper dip for an appetizer, gazpacho for the first course, and a coconut pie for dessert. Rest of the meal will be smoked salmon & cocumber sandwiches for a second appetizer, salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing, rib-eye steaks on the grill, and oven-baked potatoe wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment