Thursday, July 29, 2010

Post Op Benefits - Chapter 2

In my quest to find things to occupy my time and keep me awake during daylight hours, I decided to tackle a cleanout of our business files -- a long overdue task!  I don't have to do much lifting, the cleanout can be done sitting down, and I get to do one of my favorite things - toss out junk!  I'm a master at organizing and cleaning out, you see.

DH, on the other hand, is a pack rat.  He agreed to be more proactive this time and not keep things "just in case."  The shredder is getting quite a workout, and the recycling can is almost full.

I'm also going through my clothes and making piles of things to give away.  Groan.  Trying on clothes is bad enough.  Trying them on while still keeping my tummy out of harm's way takes some doing.  The good news is that the few pounds I lost due to the surgery is actually making this fun.  I look slightly less dumpy and matronly than I did two weeks ago.  Let's see if I can manage to keep the 5 pounds off!

I haven't really gotten back to sewing, yet, which surprises me since I enjoy it so much.  Plus, it's definitely a sedentary activity which causes no abdominal strain!  I did finish a little puffy pouch for my sister from the Pink Penguin tutorial, but the flex frames I ordered are too small (4").  Ordered the 5" variety online last night, so will have to wait for them to arrive to finish the project.  I found another tutorial for a coin purse using the smaller frame and hope to finish up one of those this afternoon.  I promised myself that I will then get back to the doll dress quilt - I now have 5 pieces of fabric!  Yikes!  I need to find 5 more creative ideas.  Time to surf the Internet to find an idea to steal.

I find myself spending more hours of the day sitting on our patio, which I usually don't take the time to enjoy.  Being in "recovery mode" forced me into this.  I definitely should sit and watch the flowers grow more often.  I can't do anything about the weeds or the trimming for a few more weeks which is definitely a post-op benefit.

DH bought me The Nook, the e-reader from Barnes and Noble, as a get well gift.  I'm loving it!  I thought I might miss the feel of a book in my hands.  So far, that is not the case.  I know that I'll still get my bestsellers from the library, cheapo that I am, but I downloaded about a half dozen classics for free that I've always meant to read.  I'm halfway through "War of the Worlds" by Wells.  Great read for a lazy summer day.  Which reminds me -- my patio is waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment