Saturday, January 16, 2010

It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This ....

If you've been a football fan any time during the last 20 years, you know that this is a phrase used often by John Madden - player, coach, analyst, and NFL broadcaster for many years.  But the phrase can be used in so many ways.  Even though I am a diehard football fan (and am watching the Baltimore/Indianapolis game even as I write), the phrase means most to me as a grandmother ... it really doesn't get any better than this!

I finished a couple of projects for "the girls" (my granddaughters, ages 4 and 1) who have upcoming birthdays in early February.  Loved this project!  I bought the patterns during our trip last year to Utah, the Grand Canyon, etc.  I fell in love with the fabric in St. Georges, Utah, and discovered the patterns somewhere along the way on our trip.  Fortunately, I was able to squeeze two outfits out of a single purchase of fabric and two patterns bought along the way.  I seem to do that often - hoping that I'll be able to figure out how to finagle the fabric and the pattern to get matching outfits!


Here is the dress for Talia.  The pattern is the To Tie For pattern from olive ann designs.  Really easy pattern and so adaptable for some of the incredibly cute fabrics on the market today.  I elected not to do the giraffe appliques on the reverse side, but I may do that on a future project.  The onesie conversion for Tasha was a bit more challenging.  The pattern, One-zee Conversions from Vanilla House Designs, gave me a few stressful moments.  I think the end result will be fine for a one-year-old who has a pretty relaxed momma.  But I'm not sure that it came out as well as I had hoped.  I don't think I really understood how to attach the skirt to the onesie.  I tried the fusible tape - and failed.  So I just opted for trying to ease the gathered skirt onto the onesie - me thinks I stretched a little too much.  We'll see when we go to see the grandkids for Super Bowl weekend, which is also the girls' birthdays.  Maybe it won't be as stretched out as I think it is!


It is cute, though, and Tasha is only 1.  She won't remember this outfit at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment