Wednesday, January 12, 2011

In the aftermath of Tucson


Warning - political commentary ahead!

The most powerful weapon we have as American citizens, and the ONLY one that can effect change in our government:



As a responsible adult, I am ashamed of those on both sides of the aisle, and on both sides of the airways, for the state of our political "discussion."  I am as tired of indignation and righteousness as I am of slime and fear-mongering.  The art of political debate is dead.  Compromise is now a 4-letter word.  When I see a beacon of hope, they disappoint.

Henceforth, I will be searching for moderates, regardless of their political party, who are willing to discuss, debate, compromise and who value decency, kindness, and respect.  Where are you?  Please, please, please .... step up to the plate.  We need you.

1 comment:

  1. When grown adults or political parties behave more rudely, hatefully, or ignorantly than I allow my 1, 3 and 4 year old to behave, they've lost my vote. Voting for classy well-spoken individuals willing to collaborate is definitely the way to go, Mom!

    ReplyDelete